Saturday, February 18, 2006

a date with two of my favorite boys

People keep asking me about this boy I've been dating. Who he is. How we met. What he does. I've been getting phone calls from California to Chicago from questioning eyes at school. And I know that at the bottom of all their questions lies the most important one. Am I happy. I tell them who he is and how we met. And sometimes I'll tell a story of what he does that answers just how happy I am.

So we begin.

Thursday night. He wants to go to the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Children's Museum. "Is that weird?", he asks. No. We can bring my nephew along. "Ok." Pause. Then he asks, "Wait, does he walk yet?" No, but he's trying really hard. It's totally cute. You can finally meet him! "Ok." Pause. "So how does a kid who can barely walk and can't speak going to get from Brooklyn to the upper west side?" What do you mean? I'll go down and get him. Pause. "Oh." Pause. "Are you going to put him in some kind of bag or something?" He's a newbie with babies, but it's a bit endearing.


my nephew is simply scrumptious. that is, until he starts showing preferential treatment towards non-family members.

Anyway, after a long day of running by Andy Warhol photos and crawling through dark tunnels over and over again, my little guy was pooped and found rest in the tired arms of my other guy - all the way from the upper west side back to Brooklyn. No bag needed.

It was a lovely way to spend a Friday afternoon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the absolute cutest story! It sounds like you are doing great-- I'm so glad to hear it. Let's catch up soon! Jinny

2:58 PM  
Anonymous gha said...

that's right chicago wants to know! hehehehehe...but you're right, what cuties to spend the day with...at an andy warhol's children's museum? only new york.

anywho, I want a playdate, too! let's get your cutie baby (the one that can't walk) together with my cutie baby!

6:18 PM  
Blogger gracie face said...

tooooo cute!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home