Friday, January 20, 2006

The Carrie of the Group

When all my friends started to get married, I freaked. It's not that I wanted to get married, but I didn't want to be left alone. I knew that I still had a few years of being single in me yet. It's been a couple of years now and I think I've gotten past most of my fears now. Still every once in a while you get one of those emails from a friend...This is a snippet from one of my friends for almost ten years. To clarify, no offense was taken. Raul and I both chuckled heartily, but I thought it might be fun to share.

"unha, i wish you and jeff the best even though you don't need it because you guys are perfect. and june i miss our married girl talks but now you can talk to unha and anna i really am sorry that i won't be there [for your wedding]. i feel like i am missing the biggest thing in our lives! and beccup, i envy your dating life. not the boy part but the going out part. i am proud of the carrie of our group."

I often get that. For some reason, my friends relate episodes of Sex and the City to my life. But I really am far from it - no fancy parties, no glamour filled job, and certainly no long line of men waiting to take me out. Just one. And truthfully, I find this "boy part" of my life rather exciting. I think it should be envied. No?

1 Comments:

Blogger gracie face said...

You are a total "Carrie"!!!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home